Saturday, December 28, 2013

A little cleanup

Today I spent my time doing an archaeological dig in the bed of the truck.  I found the hood, two bell housings, two fuel pumps, twelve pistons..... ok, I see a pattern here.  It's like that game on Sesame Street where you try and figure out which one doesn't belong.  Dad had commented that he had a couple of engines and my guess is that all the bits had landed in the back of the truck for safe keeping.  Time had taken it's toll on the parts and the bed.  Not much left of either of them.  I removed a full wheelbarrow's worth of mulch from the bed and engine compartment.  It will be interesting if I end up finding some bolts in the garden next summer.  This was not how I figured I would start this project (the gardening), but it did make for a fun afternoon!  With things a bit cleaned up, I will now be able to safely navigate through the rear window so I can start working on getting the doors open from the inside out.





The real bummer is the hood. Because of how it was positioned it filled and rusted really badly.  I decided I wanted to set the hood on the nose to give it a bit of dignity... did it work?





I had enough foresight to bring my GoPro when I went to get the truck.  I was able to set just set out the camera and capture the process of loading and unloading.  Compressed it down to a couple of minutes.  The trailer really was cool to watch at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment