Monday, January 27, 2014

Moving down the frame.

With the front end off I moved to the cab.  The more I unbolt, the more rust I find.  The cab floor is toast (not surprised),  and in some cases I have moved from unbolting to simply cutting out what's left of the bolt.






I had some help with the cab bolts from Nate.  He doesn't last long, but the interest is there and the attention span will grow with time.  He checks on me from time to time while I'm working.  That's all I can hope for with an 8 year old.





As I was removing the last cab bolt I decided that I wanted to take the bed off before I remove the cab.  I figure it will be easier the get around it while lifting it off without the headboard in the way, so I left one bolt in place and moved to the rear end.



Although I cut the bed loose, I decided that it will be easier (safer) to handle if I break it down into it's four basic parts.  Headboard, side panels, and rear cross beam.


 Easier said than done.  It appears that at the factory they bolt everything together .... except for two welds on each side of the tailgate.   I succeeded in cutting one, but the other will have to wait until next weekend and a larger cutoff wheel.  Just couldn't get in there with what I had.


And now just some random pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment