Sunday, January 12, 2014

The work begins

Today marked the first attempt to do more than get the doors open.  I started with the drivers fender knowing I was not going to keep it.  This gives me the opportunity to hack it apart without compromising anything I may need to reuse.  Once I see how something is put together, it's always easier to work through the next one.  It was also helpful to have the new cab there to go examine when I could not see how an element was laying together.  Today I was able to validate a few things.  1) This is going to be a long process.  2) I can get rusty bolts off if I'm patient.  3) How I have things planned in my head are not how things will play out.



My efforts today yielded half a dozen parts removed.



As I'm looking online and reading about other builds, I see one thing.  The options are so vast that I will change my mind on many things, many times before this is over.  I should not be looking at wheels right now(it's going to be a long time before I need them), but I can't help it! :)  As of now, I am drawn to the five spoke style wheels.  I also like the rally style.  And then there is paint.  Which color, colors?  Glossy or matte?  Ratrod or show finish?  It all gives me a headache and makes me smile at the same time.   One thing is for certain, this is going to be fun.

This blog allows comments, so make good use of that feature if you have something to add.  I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment